IPL Schedule 2023: Team List, Match Fixtures, Venue detail
Feb. 23, 2023
The History and Evolution of IPL
The World's Biggest T20 Cricket League is back! Since the launch of IPL in 2008, IPL has taken the world by storm and there are no signs of stopping for this league.
Origins of the IPL
BCCI created the Indian Premier league with a vision of introducing a new format of cricket that is fresh and exciting to the audiences, this was also to attract new fans to the sport.
It was an overnight success as millions of viewers hit the couch with their eyes on the Television to watch the fast-paced exciting form of cricket with their favorite players in different teams.
First Season of the IPL
IPL first launch in the year 2008 with 8 teams from different teams across India. An individual team is known as a franchise, and each franchise consist of both local (Indian) as well as International players which also included the biggest names in cricket history such as Shane Warne, Brendon McCullum, MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Adam Gilchrist, Sanath Jayasuriya, Graeme Smith.
Growth and Expansion of the IPL
It wasn’t long before the IPL became a huge success, and by a huge success I mean attracting millions of viewers and generating massive revenues for BCCI as well as the team owners. The league got new teams and expanded vastly in the coming years.
What is the IPL today in three words “A Global Phenomenon”. According to business standard “Viacom 18, which has the digital rights to the IPL 2023-27, is targeting a staggering 550 million viewers for the forthcoming tournament starting in March, say sources close to the company.”
IPL 2023 is close by and the schedule is live! Let’s have a look at the in-depth overview of the IPL Schedule.
Overview of the 2023 IPL Schedule
IPL 2023 Schedule: Start and End Dates
Clear your schedules and mark your calendars! The much awaited IPL schedule has been announced and fans have begun to counting down the days to the start of the biggest T20 league in the world.
The IPL 2023 season is scheduled to run for approximately 8 weeks, from March 31, 2023, to May 28, 2023.
With the schedule out and some of the best players in the world competing, it looks promising to be another thrilling season of T20 cricket. Stay up-to-date on the IPL schedule with the **Tournament Fixtures API, so that you don’t end up missing even a single match.
IPL Teams and Captains
The 2023 IPL season consists of 10 teams and their respective captions as shown below:
The IPL Schedule for 2023 Season
After a long wait the schedule for IPL 2023 season is officially live, and fans have begun to clear their calendars as the countdown for the biggest T20 league in the world gets closer and closer.
Let’s look into some interesting highlights of what is to come now that the IPL schedule is out:
- After a gap of three years the home-and-away format is back which is one of the greatest things to happen in the 2023 season.
- Starting with RCB who play 6 out of their first 8 games at the Chinnaswamy as each team plays 7 home games, RCB will be plying 6 of their home games very early on which gives them a home advantage.
- CSK on the other hand will be finishing with more home games at Chepauk towards the end which could be very handful for a team such as CSK.
- Rajasthan royals have two home venues, they play 5 of their 7 home games at Jaipur and the rest two games at Guwahati which are in the early parts of the league stage.
- Punjab kings will finish off at Dharamshala, 5 games at Mohali going off to finish their away games with two home games at HPCA Stadium towards the end.
- Gujarat, Delhi and Sunrisers Hyderabad have a perfectly symmetrical fixture list of back to back home-away or away-home games which leads to the teams constantly travelling comparatively more than others, which leaves them exhausted.
- The teams have been grouped in such a ways that not every team does not play all the other teams twice but each team will end up playing 5 teams twice and 4 teams once.
- Another highlight of the schedule is that the Chepauk stadium will not be seeing the likes of Virat Kohli in action or Faf du Plessis captaining the Royal Challengers Bangalore as RCB vs CSK will play just once and that will be at Chinnaswamy stadium.
- MI vs KKR will be seen only once in action and that will be at the Wankhede stadium
- But you will get to see Hardik Pandya play twice as the Gujarat Titans Captain for the first time against Mumbai Indians at his old home ground which will be exciting to watch.
- IPL final to be held on May 28th in Ahmedabad
The IPL Format
Each team will play seven matches in their home ground and the remaining seven matches at away venues.
During IPL 2023, a total of 74 league matches will be played.
The teams have been divided into two groups. It has been done based on the number of times being crowned the IPL Champions followed by the number of times the teams reached the final of the tournament.
List of Group A teams:
List of Group B teams
- Mumbai Indians
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Rajasthan Royals
- Delhi Capitals
- Lucknow Super Giants
- Chennai Super Kings
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Gujarat Titans
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Punjab Kings
The IPL Venues
According to mykhel “IPL 2023 Venues Apart from the 10 teams' home grounds, the matches will also be held in Guwahati and Dharamsala.” The venues are as follows:
How to get all stats on IPL 2023 with live updates?
The what? Imagine you have access to all live scores, player and tournament stats, overviews of each match, the latest points table along with fantasy match points and credits for IPL 2023.
The how? If you want to get all stats and live IPL updates, you can use Roanuz Sports API which provides fast and reliable cricket data. With Roanuz Sports API, you can get access to:
So if you want to stay up-to-date with all the latest stats and updates on IPL, consider using Roanuz Sports API. It's fast, reliable, and easy to use.
The why? If you have a company which has a website or application that engages with audiences from the sports industry, then integrating APIs that provide real-time access to all sports, such as Cricket, Football, Kabaddi and more can help you engage with this audience in the best way.
If you think that the benefits of APIs stop there, let me show you a list of what API does:
With more leagues entering the market, it is becoming more competitive, with cash prizes and other incentives being created for fantasy players, so get ahead and get started with IPL 2023!
- Wider Reach
- Leverage Government Assets
Get Started with Roanuz Sports!
What do we do at Roanuz Sports? We provide Fast, Reliable Cricket Data with which you can build: